View Single Post
      09-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #46
m3an
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
Great post! Always love your inputs on stuff like this.

Anyways, my car never made a single sound up until a few months after I put the blower on. It got pretty noticeable a few months in, I just recently took the blower off and the sound is still present, but it seems to be very very faint (not as loud of a ticking). This is extremely weird, for if the ticking was a bearing issue wouldnt it make the same noise all the time in direct correlation with the crank? Could it be related to the stress on the motor as well? Meaning for example after doing 5 consecutive 60-130 pulls with 8lbs of boost in the motor it would tick alot louder than when I just drive around now naturally aspirated. At first when I got the car back I didnt hear any sounds so I thought the ticking had to do with the blower, but then the past few days I've been paying very close attention and the sound still is there, but nowhere near as loud or prominent. Does this make any sense? To me it doesn't, because a bearing on its way out would make the same noise all the time, but you obviously know alot more than me so I figured I'd ask..
if it was your main bearings than yes the noise would always be there and would correlate to RPM (flucuating noise up and down). Also, it would onlt get worse, never better. IMO I would just drive the car and stop worrying; if it ain't broken, why worry?
Appreciate 0