View Single Post
      11-15-2011, 04:36 PM   #22
JonnyM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Moderately Quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
When the Mustang GT with 412 HP can stay within a whisker of the current M3 around Laguna Seca, and the Boss 302 can soundly whip the Bimmer around the same course, why wouldn't the GT500 be that much faster - meaning in a different league altogether.

With the newest Camaro running low 7:40s around the 'Ring, why wouldn't the GT500 be at least that fast, given that it has more power and weighs less.

The fact of the matter is that although the M3 is possibly the finest compromise vehicle ever built, it doesn't cover itself with glory on track.

I have high hopes for the new M3, but doubt that low 7:40s are anywhere in the game plan.

Bruce
http://www.fastestlaps.com/compariso...ss_302_ls.html

While I don't have any official times for the Boss LS in comparison to a ZCP M3 I don't think whip is the correct term. The mustang has come a very ling way and I doubt BMW will progress with the next model as Ford did with that car, but please don't make such bold claims without numbers. And before you attack back, Bruce, I've seen your posts on this forum and typically they are aimed at the M3 when other cars are in question. I respect the knowledge you have, just trying to make a simple point.
Appreciate 0