View Single Post
      03-23-2008, 06:55 PM   #233
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 93 honda accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
Except that if you sell a car on Barrett-Jackson there are signed copies of legally binding contracts. I can't say for 100% sure, but I fairly certain that clicking "accept" on a web page has been less than a solid form of making a legal declaration, hence the need for actual signed contracts even today.

It is no different if a buyer clicks "Buy It Now" then backs out. The only recourse is with eBay, not legal. But, it doesn't detract from the issue that it was very likely an honest mistake, and now everyone wants to crucify the poor bastards.
then why did they choose not to remove the auction or even edit it,i have never sold on ebay but i have bought and even that is a long process at times,so i find it hard to beleive this was a mistake as you put it.i also find it hard to beleive that ebay does not give the option to edit or in fact immediatley end an auction at the buyers discretion especially since the seller was definetly aware of what was going on with the auction,the only mistake he made was calling the guy 15 min after it ended and telling him no
Appreciate 0