View Single Post
      11-20-2018, 04:14 AM   #36
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eau_rouge View Post
You are clearly just talking about one market only. And that is the US. In no other country/continent is Tesla leading in electric mobility. The cars have bad interior quality, a screen which commands everything (that is not something I want to have in my car as thousands and thousands of other Europeans dont want either) AND most importantly, the European market is waiting and waiting on the Model 3 to finally get delivered (and are sick of it as a lot of customers decline their order). A lot of people are just waiting for some competitors to finally offer a vehicle in the size of a Model 3.

BTW: have you checked the energy balance of an all electric vehicle recently? It's worse than an actual car - and a lot of people around the globe start realizing this. Battery, and especially the Tesla technology is not the future.
The interior is not really any worse than a lower end BMW.

If you don't think that electric is the future for powertrains, you are in complete denial.

Tesla has come this far with no novel battery chemistry. They are already good enough for a lot of people in the US, which means they are more than that for most of Europe. Billions and billions of R&D dollars are being spent on batteries and supercapacitors. The next breakthrough will come and it will make ICE passenger cars obsolete.

I am an M car fan, but this is undeniable. You might change your story if you've ever driven a car with a good EV powertrain.

If you can't wrap your mind around Tesla, fine, but Porsche will show you the way also.
Appreciate 1
vinny84292.00