05-26-2011, 10:55 PM   #12
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 VW GTI SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamMan View Post
Hey, that was me in the Interlagos E90! I have to admit I was shocked and flattered to get car of the day over that V10 Audi R8. I was also honored to be nominated for most improved driver on both Saturday and Sunday. I learned so much from my instructors Doug Bartlett and Peter Miller. All the credit goes to them and the car. I had a great time and can't wait for the fall school. By then I'll be prepared with better brake pads for the track. The stock pads did not like the abuse and I've still got vibrating brakes to prove it.

Thanks for volunteering. Sorry I didn't get the chance to talk to you. One of my instructors mentioned your quite the driver in your E90.
EXCELLENT!! Gorgeous car. I worked "corner" 9 in the morning & moved down to 11 after lunch. It was purely selfish as I wanted to see what lines various A & Instructors were driving. Always a student... It was HARD not to drive though. {sigh}

Peter's awesome. My husband & I got to know him out at Hastings last year. He & Mac can drive the shiz out of their E36's. Seriously impressive.

If you want to get out to the track before the fall school, you should check out the NASA schedule (I know, I probably sound like a walking advertisement for them...). Bruce Leggett is their group 4 leader (akin to A groups in BMW CCA speak) just so you know I'm not the only BMW CCA nut over there.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you have about the car on the track - brake setup, etc. It's a fantastic car to learn track driving on. My husband keeps wanting me to drive his E36 race car and I just... can't. The R8 was beautiful but wasn't being driven anywhere near it's potential so it was hard to vote for it when you made yours sing so beautifully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamMan View Post
I do have some decent videos from my new GoPro from the weekend. I'll see if I can't get it uploaded soon.
Definitely! Would love to see that!
Appreciate 0