View Single Post
      02-22-2019, 05:53 AM   #53
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1camaro View Post
That was a great read! How long have you had the M2C? Any regrets compared to the E90? I'm trying to weight my options in terms of keeping e92 vs jumping onto the M2c
We've had it since September, and it's my wife's main car. In posts further down in that thread I point out the things like driving position and seat that I much prefer the M2C to vs the E90 M3. I have no plans to sell the E90 M3, but I've often thought of how I'd feel if I had to replace it with the M2C. I'd really miss the S65, but I think I would get over that eventually. I'd also miss the 4-door utility of the M3 for when it's needed. Now vs an E92 that's a bit different being a coupe-to-coupe change. There is so much to like about the M2C (seats, better steering wheel adjustment range (I need this), closer gearshift location, S55 brutal mid-range torque, fantastic brakes, much better M-active LSD vs the Visco-Lok, sharper turn-in, crisp handling, smaller overall size, significantly better gas mileage especially on highway, etc...).

We actually bought the M2C with the plan of flipping it right away if it wasn't a decently done car. Neither of us have cared for post-E9x era BMWs, so we assumed the M2C might likely be disappointing...so far it's been anything but that. We plan to keep it a good while.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 1