07-13-2015, 08:01 AM   #378
SVH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i & 2011-e93 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
I know one person had 3 built motors fail who knows how many motors they have put in stickys car and have failed the list can go on. Anyone can pretend like they know what there doing over the phone i like to look at builds that last they fail to have any

So, according to you, Gintani has never built a stage 3 motor that lasted. Can you be more specific, like are they NA or SC? There are plenty of NA strokers out there that seem fine. Some are members on this form. And again, do you know how many Stage 3's Gintani has built in total? Not how many have failed. We all know of stories of failers and learning curves. And as for sticky's car, that engine(s)(?) pushed the limits, and yes, at those levels, there may/will be problems. Other companys have had problems too SCing strokers. Nevertheless if all Gintani built Stage 3 motors fail, as you imply, they would have been out of business lomg ago. People like Paul Walker (RIP) would never had gone back to them.

Like any other piece of hardware, if you push too hard things will break. In my opinion with the Gintani TT there may be torque issues on a stock transmission but if you don't push the boost too high the engine will be fine, stage 3 or stock.
Appreciate 0