05-16-2021, 08:54 AM   #9
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Everyone says it's better in person and that was my assessment as well. However that doesn't mean it looks good. And saying "iT's BeTtEr In PeRsOn" sets such a low bar. It goes from a 3 to a 4 in person for me where the E9x and F8x both look outstanding in photos and even better in person. Maybe an 8 or 9 in photos and a 10 in person.

I don't think I could ever own a car that isn't photogenic in my opinion. And my issue is with how they did the side intake shape, giving it catfish bottom feeder looking mouth. The grilles I have come to terms with.

The plain four series has a more cohesive front. And this is because the lower intakes are displaced more out to the sides and have a better shape.
I dunno brotha i've seen it in person i vomited a little in my mouth.

A while ago was provided a 440i or whatever its called as a loaner from the dealer with that same front grille and was looking at it in my driveway and looked at it for a few minutes from every angle trying to be objective but there is no reason for this especially when bmw could have easily just done something like this:
Attached Images

a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 5