04-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #16
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlspeed29 View Post
^^lol...well i want to drop another 25lbs or so... once i hit my target weight, i want to really focus on getting lean
which is what i'm doing right now. IMO, do what works for you. I'm not a fan of the low-carb diets , mostly because i like all the foods you CAN'T eat!!! /rage

to "simply" (it's not so simple, is it? lol) just drop weight, cals in < cals out. burn more than you intake. if you didn't know, 3500 cals = 1 lb of body meat.

i'm currently 203. losing an avg of 3 lbs a week for the past few months. no special diets, i drink like a mofo on saturday nights, etc. my macro % looks like this though:

55, 35, 10...carbs protein fat

with my weight lifting and cardio routine i'm losing weight AND fat while maintaining muscle.

i guess my main point was burn more than you eat and you'll lose weight. it's science. if you want lose fat, aka cut, that's whe you should monitor what your macronutrient intake should be. if you're just wanting to lose weight, cals out > cals in. (sorry i keep repeating that, idk how else ot say it)