Perfection Is In The Details
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmotion View Post
out of curiosity, what is your take on the hand applicated Zymol stuff? To be honest, I've had it done by a local detailer (on 6speedonline) and I really wasn't all that impressed. I paid $450 for a wash / wax - just exterior. Don't get me wrong, it looked fine, but didn't look any different than from my previous detailer who used some other product and only charged me $250. Would you agree that it is just marketing? Because that's what I felt - a complete waste of money.

Haha. Are you talking about that Glistening Perfection guy? Don't get me started.

You are smart and yes, waste of money.

Detailing is 95% the detailer and 5% the products.

Dont get me wrong, for Zymol products are great and I own Zymol my self. But there is soo much more to detailing then the products. Just because you use the most expensive products and have nice cars under your belt does not mean squat. A good detailer knows the best product for every situation, the best route to correct all flaws, and how long everything is going to last. And someone that says Zymol Vintage Glaze with out last and protect more than the best sealant is on crack! LOL

I could spend hours explaing the points, but I think you get the point.