View Single Post
      07-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
m3an
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbook View Post
I had my car at the dealer getting a new tire on one of my GTS wheels because I got a nail in it and have the wheel and tire warranty. I get a call over 2 hours later saying "I have some bad news... they scratched your wheel mounting the tire".

I went to the dealer and he told me he would have it repaired for me. I told him that I bought the wheel warranty in case I scratched my wheels, not if they did and that I wanted it replaced. He began to argue with me saying that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I told him if I was ever to sell the wheels I would have to disclose that it was repaired to the buyer to which he responded "no, you legally don't have to. Would you tell a buyer about every little scratch and ding you ever had on your car if you sold it?". I told him I would hope someone would do the same for me regarding selling the wheel and that I wanted it replaced.

He told me that because of the style of the wheel and the fact that the M3 has RUN-FLAT tires... that every time you mount a tire, you are going to scratch the wheel. I told him when I bought the wheels that the guy never scratched one while mounting all four tires, so I would expect that a dealership would have the expertise as well. I also told him that the car didn't have run-flat tires and that dealerships always tell everyone that to get them to buy the tire and wheel warranty. He disagreed saying that is the reason there is no spare tire.

Annnnnyways.... he finally conceded and replaced my wheel (I asked for the purchase receipt and part #), so you should do the same.
FYI the dealer is kind of right. Cars are damaged in transport and at ports all the time, and the dealers do not have to disclose repairs if they are under a certain dollar amount.
Appreciate 0