whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Did he forget to downshift?
Dunno if he was manual or auto, so I can't comment. If he was auto, I don't think he would have much shifting to do but what I did find intriguing was that we could *hear* his car in the upper range, so know that he wasn't just lolly-gagging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Something was wrong with the M4 or its driver, but a win is a win. Normally, though, an A4 with a tune is nothing special — your 255/285 crank numbers are probably about right. It would need serious mods to give straight line performance equal or better than an M4 convertible. Maybe it has more mods than you think?
I looked the car over thoroughly before purchase. Stock exhaust, OEM catted downpipe, OEM front mount. As per the previous owner, his Audi service advisor said that the Revo tune is the only one that wouldn't void his CPO warranty, which is why he picked it up.

I have a friend with a full APR Stage II 2013 Golf R (FBO+APR Stg II tune + twin disc clutch), and the 2 engines are identical in most ways. I took him for a ride, and he said he was surprised b/c he felt like the A4 pulled harder than he thought it would, and harder than his car. Trying to line up with him over the next few days to get a real comparison.

As far as serious mods to keep up w/an M4, let's just say that I have a list

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcrz5 View Post
I've always said it the most important mod, is driver mod the nut behind wheel. This particular Showdown you beat driver not car. That M4 vert has over 150whp & 120tq over A4. An M4 vert with half tank of gas will weigh in around 4088lbs so weight-wise you two were pretty even considering you had two passengers gear etc.

What I find interesting is how so many people start to put Power adders to their cars exhaust systems, Tunes etc, when most people can't extract 50 to 60% of cars true potential in it stock forum.

My advice to drivers is learn how to drive your car first before you start modding it. Take it to track get an instructor to show you how to extract every bit of performance out of your ride, practice then by all means start adding power Mods.
Agreed, if his car was a manual, which I'm going to have to assume was the case. If it were an auto, the only thing he'd have to do is plant his foot and the car would take care of the rest, as the only thing he'd have to do is hold the steering wheel straight *lol*.
Appreciate 0