12-23-2018, 01:14 PM   #66
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMan33 View Post
Congrats OP, that's a nice car for sure!
It should feel different than BMWs...
Does it drive considerably lighter than the M3?
How's the sound insulation on freeway speeds?
It absorbs a lot. Surprisingly more than I would have thought. Would be twice as good without these crappy runflat tires. It goes faster than it feels. My old R53 would have to have its neck strangled to get going and you felt great pushing it. With this one, I'll look down at the speedo (or rather the HUD) and be like "oh shit." It's a doll on the highway and zero need to get out of 6th to pass; its max torque is like 1200 RPM. The car is a damn spaceship for its size and power going from first to second under even 1/3rd power. You will certainly surprise yourself at the speed it will effortlessly carry through a corner. Overall a very surprising package, but it does feel electronically nannied. Comparatively, I'd say this is the F8x and the R56 S is the E9x. Faster and quicker and better in just about every way, but the R56 is more rewarding to get you to its limit. But for a car to drive every day, you HAVE to pick the F56 S. It is perfect in every way. We just did last minute Christmas shopping and lunch. Loaded the boot up with stuff, parallel parked it here in the tight parked city, jammed out to a nice HK sound through the immediate Bluetooth, and giggled at the exhaust pops. Probably got 40 mpg while doing it, too.

Last edited by spazzyfry123; 12-23-2018 at 01:19 PM..
Appreciate 0