10-03-2022, 12:49 AM   #148
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitzke View Post
Went ahead and started putting the car under the knife for the Whipple and fueling a little earlier than i was planning on doing. I figured I may need some extra time and don't want to be in a time crunch before my tuning appointment.

Well here's where we started off.

One lug on the driver's side broke the head right off in the wheel lol. Spent the next several hours drilling it out, basically ruining an OEM wheel in the process as well. Really sucked.

Hours later, all four wheels off.

Pulling as much stuff as possible to get out of the way. I'm also replacing the radiator with a unit from Mishimoto that should be here thursday. I've had a persistent ABS light so i'll be replacing the ABS module as the ABS sensors on the back are supposed to be fresh, and the fronts looked fine to me.

Engine bay opened up with my new reading material from Whipple. All seems fairly straightforward but we'll see. Blower is about ready to come off, just probably going to do the ABS module first.

Felt like knocking some other smaller things out so I loosely assembled the FPR to understand the actual fuel flow better and understand what I'm running and where. Obviously not together yet, but know a lot more than when I started.

Fuel hat assemlbed-ish. Still need to drop the tank to get the level sender, etc but I'll start that sometime this week and get this dropped in. Changed up my pumps to be twin Walbro 465's so I can run E85.
Great Work! Is that a Tudor Clasp I spy LOL
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0