codinge90
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyE93M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by codinge90 View Post
I agree with you guys but you have to understand that any thread with a similar issue like mine is people non stop posting asking why the bearings weren't changed. How does this help my situation? I completely agree the issue is relevant and possibly getting worse as time goes on but in my thread you can clearly see my intentions for responses were more on line with anyone that has had a similar issue and what their outcome was. Was engine able to be saved? Was a simple bearing job necessary? Was the engine replaced? If so, how much was the total cost and how long was the car out?
He has a point, popping in and saying what should'a been done isn't going to help the OP. I never had to deal with a rod knock and my previous M3 had the RB's done, my current M3 does not have it done (yet). OP, a friend of mine with an 2012 M3 and 78,000 miles got a rod knock and the car was taken to an Indy shop in Toronto, his was engine was saved. You caught it just in time so I would lean towards you are likely safe regarding replacing the whole block.

Good luck and you have the car in a superb shop and if anyone can save it, it's Malek.
Thanks for the post! Do you know the details of how it was saved? Did the Indy shop just have to replace the bearings or anything else was repaired/rebuilt?
Appreciate 0