View Single Post
      03-15-2017, 10:57 AM   #9
8k4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by europower View Post
I dont have E85 close to my house. Its about 35 miles away. If I had E85 close to my house I would tune the ECU for it and run E85 full time. Since that is not an option I bought a 55 gallon barrel and I can run whatever concentration I want thanks to this product.

With the VF650, on E61 with no tuning claims are 50WHP, that is phenomenal! For the cost of the product. Along with the HP gain, our cars suffer greatly from the heat soak, E85 should help with that as well and keep the timing for longer...
Impossible. Your VF tune has max timing targets of X. You will not make more power then when you achieve your max timing target with the same amount of boost. The ONLY way to increase power, raise boost (smaller pulley), ensure you are reaching max timing target. Now, E85 does have a cooling effect and higher net octane, that helps in achieving maximum timing target but that isn't to say you can't achieve that on 93 with adequate intercoolering (and not a blisteringly hot day out), run race gas mix, or meth.

Anyone that tells you otherwise is lying. You also run the risk of reaching max duty cycle with your VF injectors on this system with full E85 or a high E85 mix. When that happens at high rpm, your AFR WILL go high and engine go BOOM.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11490.00