Thread: E92 M3 vs. i8
View Single Post
      06-06-2020, 07:43 AM   #14
br2wdc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW TBD (Future Purchase)

Great post, and it's hard to classify the i8 given it has so many capabilities: I would argue it's a an attempt to cross breed a McLaren with a Tesla, and while it does not have the best capabilities of either car, the mix proves to be difficult to beat as a GT/"super" commuter.

From my research it appears to be an excellent long range GT, eating up the miles effortlessly and driving all day becomes a pleasure and not a chore. But when combined with the ability to go all electric for 20-25 miles, you now have the ultimate short range "super" commuter car!

The interesting question for those of us in the USA is the prices of used i8 have come down to $70k range, with some as low as $57k.

I concur that our E9x M3's are the ultimate "drivers" cars, so I'm not suggesting anyone run out and buy a used i8 over an E9x M3; but that I can even put them in the same sentence from a price perspective is hard to imagine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoPaterson View Post
But as a good looking, albeit expensive, GT with limited luggage space, the i8 is perfectly fine.
Appreciate 1