View Single Post
      05-21-2018, 04:49 PM   #29
Rambler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 996 Turbo; G80 M3; FJ80 LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Not really. I know Alfa from growing up in Europe and would never chance it. I really like what they did except for the 8sp ZF tranny but would not be able to get over the 'it's an Alfa'.
I don't have a special place in my heart for the F8X M but I'd still get one over its contemporary competitors
I hear you and completely ruled it out myself as well. But I decided to give it another chance and test drove one this week back to back with an F80 M3 comp pack. The ZF which I initially scoffed at is actually tuned beautifully. It's definitely not tuned like the ZF used in other cars. And the steering is outstanding. A lot of engineering went into this car and it wasn't just Ferrari derived, it was built from the ground up by the Ferrari engineers. What really shines about this car is that the chassis doesn't start with a lesser model and then gets beefed up for the QV. It's the other way around in fact and the lower models are tuned down versions of the QV. The complete opposite of the 3 series and M3.

I love the M3 too though - Where the dct might have an edge over the ZF depending on your preferences, the steering was much better in the QV imo. Both cars are pretty great though and it's still a toss up for me if I don't end up back in an E9x! I just felt that the QV was more exiting to drive but the M would be the safer choice.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11504.50