View Single Post
      02-10-2019, 09:50 AM   #8377
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMoose View Post
FWIW, I'd stay on NT01's as long as you are still improving.

I have always viewed mods and tires as something you earn.

I made the jump to NT01's a bit early in my driving career, but I stayed on for 2+ years. At TWS, a good time was about 2:00. Each year, I was dropping 2-3 seconds on those tires getting to about 1:56 comfortably. Then I tried some Z214's and was able to knock out a 1:53 without a lot of effort. Eventually, I got to 1:51's and earned my aero badge. Ran a 1:49.9 and earned my A7 badge. I eventually set the TT3 track record with a 1:47.5 on Z214's and 1:48.0 on A7's. When I would go back to NT01's I was able to run in 1:51's.

My point is that as long as times are dropping and you're improving stay on slower tires.
Thank you for the advice & I 100% agree. I do plan to stay on the NT01's until I feel like I can consistently get the most out of them as I can. Just like to get an idea of possible moves to make in the future once I am ready - keeps my mind occupied (little bit of ocd...). For what it is worth I'm doing my first round of "major" performance upgrades (suspension & bbk) - I definitely don't want to throw a tire change into the mix until I'm completely comfortable with my level of understanding of the new setup.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0