View Single Post
      08-05-2008, 11:10 PM   #9
paulGT3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Joe you dont think that has anything to do with your superior driving skills? not even a little bit?
So is that one part of the answer? Multipiston calipers weigh less than the BMW stock design? I know that the PCCBs on my car dropped 48 lbs over iron rotors.
I have Mammoth on my sig BUT ( I am here in Mammoth now we have a fire 3 miles from town!!) my son lives here while he goes to college up here. I live an work in Ridgecrest as an flight test engineer for the Navy. When I retire I will live here in our place. I am thinking of selling both places and moving to the Reno area or maybe
Idaho.
I dont run in an advance group. I run in the middle group and I always go deeper into corners than 2 cars - Corvettes and BMW's usually M3's Occaisionally M4's
But if they were the best brakes in the world I want to know why NO one else uses them in performance driving NOR are ANY single piston design used in UPGRADES?
Also I will bet that fade in the BMW brakes are more apparent than in the GT3 PCCBs.
I had a brake problem in my brand spanking new 335i 2 weeks ago and I had to basically bed them in. It took 7 50-0 stops to induce fade. Thats 6 corners less than
Buttonwillow in ONE lap. Also the FEEL in the Porsche brakes is much more sensitve.
ANd thanks for keeping the conversation civil I appreciate it!!

07 Z4M
06 4.8iS X5
07 GT silver GT3
Appreciate 0