View Single Post
      09-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #31
mfeltiii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 AW E92 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
You're a brave man to buy a DCT M3 at an auction . Before anything else, anybody with common sense knows the answer to your original question is 'yes', with the more times launched, the higher the chances of it happening. Especially the way these cars seem to hop at launch.

Now, if previous owner said he launched the car 20 to 30 times, I'd bet on at least twice that. And as noted, amount of abuse on the car depends on HOW he did it, as previously mentioned on a post above. Wheel hop is your worst enemy, with clutch plates a close second. Hop can ruin a lot of things, usually failing catastrophically (axles, subframe welds, diff mounting bracket, etc). I'd inspect the car carefully for any evidence of the above. And most importantly, take it easy from now on. You can drive it aggressively if you want, but I wouldn't launch it from a dig at all anymore. I haven't launched my car from a dig even once. Few people with nice cars do that. You can always do 5 to whatever, and any kind of roll-on. Good luck.
+1. Rule of threes. Its like when you ask how many alcoholic beverages someone has in a day or how many sexual partners a woman has had, you have to multiply by three. (BTW ladies, you have to divide by three for the guys partners).
Appreciate 0