Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
Interesting that DTM FIBERWERKS ended being the ones to produce these doors... The owner Ary has been around the e30 community for as long as me (forever). I still have his CF hood and trunk on my e30 since 2004. There is alotta bad press about his companies products, but my opinion was always that these are race parts, which one would assume requires some fabrication to install and function. The problem comes when buyers assume the parts will be plug and play, even though every part on his website clearly states (professional installation required). Im glad Ary is still around and willing to take on new projects, the doors look awesome.
This was my first time time dealing with carbon fiber fabrication like this. DTM delivered what they said they would. Their weight estimates of the final product were right. The carbon looks good in my opinion. My only surprise was the amount of work to get them on the car. But it's fine. I post about these things so other people can learn from it.

I just wish I could have gotten them a couple months sooner so I could have visited Buttonwillow before sending the car East. WSIR is fine, but Buttonwillow is my main measuring stick. As the doors were getting completed, my original plan was to test the car out at Buttonwillow on Jan 25-26. But, ultimately it made more sense for me to be in LA Jan 18-19, and Buttonwillow was not available that weekend. So----Buttonwillow will just have to wait.
Appreciate 0