09-29-2018, 11:07 AM   #2650
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm41 View Post
Fresh data for everyone. Picked this up about 3 hours ago. Didn't get good pictures yet and now it's pouring outside.

Clean Carfax, two owners, no maintenance records, Florida car. I do have the window sticker, manuals, etc. I do know the car was traded into a Ford dealer on September 10th and sent to auction shortly after where a local dealership that sells semi-high end used cars snatched it up. Good guy, good reputation.

- 2010 E92
— Le Mans Blue
— Novello Black
— 75k Miles

— DCT
— EDC
— Tech Package
— Premium Package
— Enhanced Premium Sound
— PDC
— Sat Radio

Exterior 8/10
Interior 9/10

Forgestar F14s, AE exhaust, carbon rear spoiler. Small drop, yellow springs (couldn't identify during inspection the other day), stock struts (due to EDC I'm sure). Possible ECU tune because there are no cats and I'm not getting a check engine light. No codes thrown during inspection.

Brakes and oil change done just before pickup.

$26,400 — Definitely not a steal by any means. Maybe slightly above target (was shooting for 24k, dealer wouldn't budge because he's only had the car for a couple of days and Le Mans Blue goes quick when they pop up, wasn't willing to play clock chicken with 21 watchers on eBay, after six months on the prowl for a Le Mans blue, this one shows up 6 miles from me, it was a shit or get off the pot moment).

Car feels great- only immediate thing I'll do is a Blackstone labs oil analysis due to lack of service records. Will get the car to a proper shop and have them check out the suspension to make sure it's done properly. Wheels are in good shape, not brand new, but wearing evenly and car drives dead straight.

Welp- my 4th BMW, first M car. Wanted one since 8th grade, now I'm 35. No wife, no kids, gotta blow money on something, I suppose. Let's hope my risk buying a mildly modded M3 with no maintenance records at the top of book value doesn't come back to haunt me.
I disagree, I think you did great especially for the color combo and only 5 miles from home. Saved travel money, shipping etc... congrats!
Appreciate 1
cjm41752.50