View Single Post
      09-09-2009, 01:37 AM   #64
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Sorry this took so long guys, it was a busy weekend! But it's done. Here's the report.

I think what we're looking for is an activation not a command. Commands reset or calibrate; activations toggle existing functions. My initial understanding of the difference between command/activation was inaccurate. So, now that is cleared up let's move on to what we were looking for.

Unfortunately I was not able to find any activations around DSC (even to toggle it to simply on/off as we can from the DSC switch) in the Stability Control Module or in any other module. (I went through every module on the list and checked--nothing there yet around DSC on, off, sport.)

This isn't necessarily the last word as it may simply be that the tool can't see it yet and that functionality isn't built out. BT is continually adding to functionality and the ability to read/see modules and adding to the command/activation list.

I'm encouraged as I was able to find some fairly extensive activations for a whole lot of things. E.g. turn on/off right/left headlight, open/close this window and that window, etc. (That was found in the "Footwell Module" module list of activations). The number of activations in various modules is rather extensive....but missing the one I was looking for.

I will send an email to BT and see what I can find out about activations under Stability Control or other modules that will toggle "DSC" or related functions. More to come (hopefully).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0