View Single Post
      03-28-2008, 10:02 PM   #2012
RX7owner
Rep
Drives: Buncha 3rd gen RX7's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M5 Power View Post
Thank you for being a longstanding BMW CCA member for 10 years. For 10 of my 16 years of membership I have been the President of this Chapter and have run unopposed every time. I have been told I might have to move away or die to get replaced. I do appreciate your position on Chapter relationships as it relates to dealerships. Remember, BMW NA is hugely involved with the club as well and obviously sees that relationship as mutually beneficial or they wouldn't be offering the loyalty discounts of $500-$1500 for members that buy New or CPO's. This chapter would not fold if the dealerships failed to support the events. To suggest that I would use this forum to further my relationship with dealershp for "perks" is rediculous. I can see how you could weave that angle into it, but that is certainly not the case. I have NEVER bought a car from any of the dealerships, get no more discounts than any other member would (which is 20-25% at either dealership) and other than getting called when cool cars come in on trade (that I cannot afford) or to stop in for some Free Starbucks Coffee that everyone else gets, I got nada. I do not want to get into a debate with a fellow member and that is not my intent.
Hope to see you at the track some time!!!

Jeff

Mr. Gomon,
I don't typically confront people over the 'net, so let me simply remind you
that it's very easy for a voting populace to stay with an incumbent (I'll
refrain from pointing to the POTUS (well, I guess not)). I'll also mention
that the great majority of these posts contradict your position as the
quality and rectitude of your local dealerships.

Yes, upset customers are noisy, but why are they upset? Is it because
they're angry at being treated so badly? Are they all wrong? Is every
one of the people who've said "Husker Bad!" delusional, and you, and you
alone hold the truth?

Other than that, best of luck with your Chapter. Aside from the political
end of things, I know it takes a lot of work to maintain a volunteer
organization.
Appreciate 0