View Single Post
      07-13-2007, 11:06 AM   #87
kem
Rep
Drives: RS4, Former: 911C4S, M Coupe

Yes and no... I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people cross shop the vette and the M3. If performance is everything the vette is cheaper, but none of us drive vettes and for our good reasons. But the similarities between the vette and m3 coupe are far more then the differences (back seats). The 911 S is a totally different class of car too, but if the m3 indeed beats its ring time I'm sure there will be no shortage of punters claiming the superiority of the m3.

Anyways, I think maybe the expectations were too high for the M3 and maybe thats why the media so far has been somewhat critical. But I have a feeling its going to be an awesome car and I can't wait to drive one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
A stock Vette will mop up most everything at the Ring and that just one from 06-07, let the 08 take a run.
Though in all fairness the Vette is a different car then the RS4 or the M3, it's main purpose is outstanding performance at a more than reasonable cost for that level of performance, it is a 2 seat performance car period. The RS4 and M3's are a blend of seating and high performance at a slightly higher price point. The Vette doesn't consider those cars as competitors and vice versa, different cars for different things.
Appreciate 0