View Single Post
      05-16-2016, 01:40 PM   #774
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
Has anyone configured their Schroth QFP's with a sub-belt? I checked mine and they do allow for a single-clip anti-sub strap to connect in, Schroth Anti-sub Straps

My plan would be to swap in a driver's side one-piece seat at some point before/after each track event. It sounds painful I know but I dont do that many events per year and it would only be one side (mostly solo now).

This EAS install video makes it look fairly easy also, LINK
Quote:
The HMS description seems to imply they work together:
"Substraps play an integral role in harness safety, especially in harnesses without ASM. If yours is frayed or has been comprimised you need a new one. If you have a 4 point competition style harness with ASM and are looking to upgrade, the substrap is the easiest way to satisfy most sanctioning bodies."

I've emailed them to confirm though, will let you know.
Quote:
BTW, for this to work I also need a seat that allows the seat belt receptacle to pass through the transmission tunnel side pass-thru. Not sure how possible that is yet.

Edit: One example here: LINK

Or if I could just souce an M4 GTS seat, M4 GTS Recaro Profi
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
all seats have the pass through on both sides right? Just have to adjust where you mount your seat belt receptacle in order to do this. I'll take two pics from my car at lunch and post.

driver and passenger side have different hardware so I have different solutions for this to work.
So I talked with HMS and unfortunately they do not recommend this configuration. One thing they mentioned was that they sled test the particular OEM seats from each car they approve for use with the QFP's and since they don't do the same test with racing seats, they don't know how they would hold up. They instead recommended holding off and getting either a harness bar or half-cage when I transition to racing seats. Bummer but good to know before I started ordering parts! I just need to remind myself to be patient, half-cage plans aren't too far away.