View Single Post
      08-16-2018, 07:18 PM   #222
tech6638
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
If the car is what you want don't let the sipping DCT stop you. As you've read its (unfortunately) a very common issue so if DCT is your thing it can be tricky to find a "dry" car. Grab the car, obviously assuming you have repair cost reasonably tracked and within overall budget.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
Buy the car. DCT leak is a common thing that even happens to cars as low as 10k miles I've seen. Don't let it stop you from getting the car you want!
As long as the car does not have transmission lights showing, and it drives fine, you shouldn't have any problems. Just replace the gaskets and top-up the fluids after you get the car.

Thanks guys for the input. After thinking about it for the last couple days, I have decided to move forward and purchase the e92. I've already spoken with the seller and we managed to agree on a deal for the car. I realize that the sipping/leakage on the lower and side pan is common on DCT transmissions, but it should not keep me from owning one. I will of course monitor it through out my ownership and take any steps I need to take in order to avoid any major issues and to keep the car running strong. I appreciate your guys' opinions and I'm excited to finally be an e9x M3 owner. Thanks.
Appreciate 1
Space Fox1042.00