08-15-2018, 09:42 PM   #221
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech6638 View Post
Hope this thread is still alive. I have a question. So I've been in the market for an e92 now for the past 3 months and I've finally found one, for a great price. Most importantly, it's a one owner car with all maintenance records in hand. I've seen the car in person, runs and looks great, but after getting a PPI done on the vehicle, there was leakage found on both the lower and side pan of the DCT transmission. It is the only issue that the shop found with the vehicle, other than some upcoming maintenance services. After going through this thread regarding DCT leakage, it seems like it is a common issue, but also possibly a concerning and a recurring one. Should I make the purchase or pass on it, if it's that big of a problem and not worth dealing with. Also, this would be the second time that the lower pan was leaking. Last time it was replaced about a year ago, according to the maintenance records.
Buy the car. DCT leak is a common thing that even happens to cars as low as 10k miles I've seen. Don't let it stop you from getting the car you want!
As long as the car does not have transmission lights showing, and it drives fine, you shouldn't have any problems. Just replace the gaskets and top-up the fluids after you get the car.
Appreciate 0