View Single Post
      04-20-2018, 06:29 PM   #9
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal24 View Post
They just got the car this morning so they still have to do their inspection on it. I'm hoping it's ready first thing tomorrow. So you think the 75k mile warranty is worth it? Guess I'm just skeptical about their shop having experience with M3's. I'm also wondering if I can get them to pay for the dreaded rod bearings replacement under their 30 day warranty

I already got approved at a local credit union for 2.64% so happy about that.
No one will replace rod bearings unless there are signs that they are failing. I went with 75k and $150 deductible warranty for $2200 something. Pretty cheap IMO but 100k was like $3600, which I suppose is still reasonable. My car is a loaded 2012 E92 with 35k miles and Carmax price was $39k. Your car looks like it has less wear but mine is not bad at all.

I won't replace RBs until sometime after 50k and at 75k I'm happy to take over the overall risk. The way I understand the warranty is that you can take it directly to BMW after the 30 day initial warranty is up. If there are big ticket repairs, Carmax will send out someone to approve the costs. At least that's what I've read of people's experiences on BMW forums.

Oh, and have them remove the rear sticker when you pick up it. They'll do that.
Appreciate 0