1997 BMW M3  [0.00]
1990 BMW 325i S54 S ...  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
1984 BMW 325e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
This

I double-dutied a E46 M3 until it had 180k miles. Then I sold it and it was turned into a full track car. It was then sold again and the owner tracked me down and said he's still loving it! Stock internals except for the rod bearing replacement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
If you're asking from a money standpoint, the fact is that a high mileage E9x M3 is not worth a ton of money now. So, from a financial risk standpoint you're not really risking a whole lot if the engine blows up.

If you're asking from a will-I-blow-up-my-engine standpoint----well, you've replaced a bunch of the standard problem items already like rod bearings and throttle actuators, so now it comes down to the question of, can the block and the original internals handle it. No one can answer that. There are many examples of these engines demonstrating they can do high miles. But high miles and track duty will always be a guessing game with stock internals.
Wow! Well that's certainly reassuring that the motor held up that well, 6 speed I assume though? I left a Saab 9-3 Arc in NY with my brother that was my daily throughout the years when I had my high horsepower LS cars a few years ago. But out here I have a Ducati Cafe Racer I can commute on if the car is done and I plan on getting another daily down the road as the M3 becomes more track focused.

Dogbone your car has been an inspiration to me, I've seen you being posted up on the bimmer challenge before I moved out here and I love how clean your build is. I had no idea it was supercharged until the read your writeup recently. Part of my concern would be the DCT failing, your car is DCT right any complaints after heavy track use?
Appreciate 0