View Single Post
      03-07-2011, 10:22 AM   #45
FC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 F90, '23 BGTS 4.0, '21 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Since, as far as I can tell, no one ever answered your actual question (I could be wrong), here goes:

Without IDrive, with respect to MDrive and the M Button, you lose:

a) Sport Plus Power - this setting is not available via the Power button on the console, so you won't have it at all. Therefore, only Sport and Normal Power settings are accessible to you. Note that Sport Plus Power is arguably of limited value. Please search the forum, however, to read up on varying opinions of this so you know what you are getting into. IMHO: Don't sweat it - you'd rarely use it anyway.

b) Ability to set DSC OFF to M Button - you can still turn DSC off via the console button. However you will not be able to set it to the M Button. Instead, your M Button will be hardcoded to MDM mode. This is actually completely fine - most people set MDM mode to the M Button anyway. And like I say, you can still turn DSC off, it just means pressing and holding the Button on the console instead of using the M Button.

c) Ability to set Servotronic "Normal" to the M Button - Your M Button will be hardcoded to Servotronic "Sport". Again, this is perfectly acceptable since most people do this anyway.

So let me summarize how to access all possible combinations for a car with no IDrive, no EDC, and no DCT:

a) DSC ON, Normal Power, Normal Servotronic: Default, just start the car
b) DSC OFF, Normal Power, Normal Servotronic: As b) above, but then hold down DSC Button
c) DSC MDM, Normal Power, Normal Servotronic: Not possible - MDM and Sport Servotronic come either together or not at all

d) DSC ON, Sport Power, Normal Servotronic: Hit Power Button (unless car was already in Sport Power mode, which by the way is remembered across restarts)
e) DSC OFF, Sport Power, Normal Servotronic: Hold Down DSC button. Then hit Power button once (again, unless car was already in Sport Power mode)
f) DSC MDM, Sport Power, Normal Servotronic: same as C (not possible).

g) DSC ON, Normal Power, Sport Servotronic: Hit M button. Turn DSC back on via console button. Put Power into Normal mode via console button.
h) DSC OFF, Normal Power, Sport Servotronic: Hit M button. Turn DSC off via holding down console button. Put Power into Normal mode via console button.
i) DSC MDM, Normal Power, Sport Servotronic: Hit M button. Hit Power button. Alternatively, you can actually set Normal Power to the M Button permanently by holding the M Button down when the car is in Normal Power mode. Useful for making the M Button a "track button" where you want MDM and Sport steering, but where the Sport Power might make throttle too twitchy.

j) DSC ON, Sport Power, Sport Servotronic: Hit M Button. Turn DSC back ON (out of MDM mode) via the console button.
k) DSC OFF, Sport Power, Sport Servotronic: Hit M Button. Hold down DSC button on console to turn DSC off.
l) DSC MDM, Sport Power, Sport Servotronic: Hit M Button.
Excellent. Thanks!!!

I think I'd spend 95% of my time between a) and l). Easy enough - hit M-button.
Appreciate 0