View Single Post
      07-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #49
evosport
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 CSL Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd54 View Post
I'll PM you later today to make arrangements, however I absolutely will not use any Dynojet model, this is the most important condition. A pulley install is supposed to be straightforward and takes less than an hour, there is no reason for your staff to install it. How about we agree on 15% variation, roughly 18-24bhp?
I think that the above conditions represent a fair real life test, not everyone will use a Dynojet 248c to test their car (I never would), and most people won't be able to use your tech for the install.

Let me know if this is ok, I'm looking forward to it. Any excuse to go to Socal...
If you are going to challenge me on the results, call them BS - you need to be able to use the SAME equipment.

You obviously know that every brand of dyno reads differently. Depending on the brand, the variation could be 50% less or 50% more gain.

A dynojet 248c is the most commonly used dyno nationwide to test cars for numbers. We use it for this reason. You CAN go to a dynojet 248c ANYWHERE in the US and get a number that is within 5% of any other dynojet. Two magazines have done this exact test in the last few years.

You called us out, I replied. If you want to take the challenge, then it will only be using the SAME equipment, that is the only way to guarantee parity and fairness.

If you change your mind, let me know.

FYI, the pulley install is about 4 hours (I was basing 2 hours off the M5 install - but this is more involved). It is done from above and below the car, not above like previous model M3's. You must remove the lower under panels, remove the airbox, remove the fan, remove one of the idler pulleys. Then when you are done, you have to replace all of those items. You MIGHT be able to do it quicker, but we choose not to RUSH on $70K+ cars - not worth scratching or damaging or not installing something correctly. We will provide complete instructions to do this.

thanks
brad

Last edited by evosport; 07-24-2008 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0