12-28-2014, 04:16 AM   #35
crypticc
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 DCT + Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrinvt View Post
Wow. Just wow. Someone is asking for help and instead of helping he gets beat up. If we put half the effort into helping as went into coming up with sharp responses... I understand the frustration of seeing the same questions over and over. Perhaps some generic instructions on how to perform a search (some people are not computer-savvy) would be helpful? Then if someone asks something that could be found easily with the search feature the response could be a couple of keywords and a link to the search instructions?
Agreed. If the answer is so obvious and in a thread it'd be a sticky.

OP
Someone has taken the care to update wikipedia so suggest you look there.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_3...2.80.942011.29

There's a model lifecycle thread here and that was where the technical differences occurred (this was forest result after entering e92 and LCI into Google which you could have done. That's where the main diff's occur. The years you mention does not have many (if any) differences

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457159

2007 launch model with manual gearbox
2008 DCT
2009 CIC (better nav and extra shortcut buttons on I drive controller)
2010 LCI LED rear lights (didn't get new front end as coupe was already vastly better than saloon) and relocated heated seat button to main console rather than lower switches behind gear stick
2nd half 2010/2011 combox (able to option better internet features and stuff)

Direct answer to your question is not a lot changed between 2010 and 2012 except combox which started being shipped in cars *built* from OCT 2010.

I think 2012 further made standard some entertainment tech that was previously an option. E.g. DAB in the UK. Check the manufacturing date vs model year as e.g. there's plenty of 2011 plates made in Nov /Dec 2010. Likewise my car is 2012 but was made in Nov 2011 so didn't have DAB as standard. I also saw on another site that some late 2008 cars came supplied with CIC out of the factory. Others have had retro fit CIC with an emulator to bypass VIN coding controls.

But an earlier model could have those as an option (and more) provided it has combox. So your best bet is to look at the list of all the features and compare

Last edited by crypticc; 12-28-2014 at 05:18 AM.. Reason: added further LCI details
Appreciate 0