pj.rodriguez
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 128i Cabrio

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
The E36 318i is a complete dog of a car.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you really need to look, touch, and drive some cars first. THEN narrow your focus to one or two specific models. You've compared an E30 325E, E36 318i, and two previous generation M3s. These cars are all completely different from one another. Comparing an E46 M3 to an E36 318i is like comparing Charlize Theron to Gabourey Sidibe. Sure, they're both actors, but....

Figure out what your budget is for a car. Then look at what BMWs fall in that budget. Do your research (common failures, common services, etc), and decide EXACTLY what one or two models you could live with. Then it becomes a well defined car search, and you'll be more likely to end up with something you'll be happy with.

I see your signature says you have an E88 128i...are you looking for something to replace it, or are you looking to add to the stable?
I don't really know what my budget is. I would like to keep it below $11000 CAD, and I have seen some E46, E36 M3's go for that. I've also seen a bunch of E36 318i for less than $5000. Then again, I've also seen some E90 3-series for less than $8000 haha.

I'm just looking to get something that will take me back in time a little bit so I can experience what the Ultimate Driving Experience was back a couple generations ago. I'm not looking to replace the E88. I'm looking to add to the stable for sure.

I've been hooked on BMW and I'm ready to take a leap into a more historical BMW vehicle. When I save enough, I definitely want to take a leap into a 2002tii if I can find one. There's one for sale currently in the Roundel magazine from BMWCCA, but that's not for me just yet. I want to learn and learn some more.

Thanks for your input.
2008 128i E88 / Alpine White / Boston Leather Sport / 6AT / M3 Paddle Shifters / Bilstein B8 / H&R Springs / Dinan Fixed Camber Plates / BMW 335i Front Brakes / PIAA Xtreme White 4150K Angel Eyes / Rear Fogs Enabled / Cyba Air Scoops / Euro Airbox / BMW Performance Exhaust / Stubby BMW Antenna
Appreciate 0