View Single Post
      08-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #7
Edward
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP

Are you buying a car for tuneability? Or for power/price value?

It sounds like that's all you care about. If so, yea man. Get the M4. Unless you can stretch and get a GT-R or something that's fast enough to satisfy you.

The M4 will probably come in around 3500 lbs or so....maybe a bit over 3400 dry weight. I'd be super pleased if it was lighter. We already know it sounds weaker than the S65 and there's absolutely nothing that can fix that.

It will be faster in probably every measurable way and way more driveable with that tq down low. It won't be high revving if high revving means at least hitting 8k.

With $1500 to tune it, you will likely be able to take it from 430-450 stock to perhaps 520 hp. Probably get it fast enough to walk away from a stock M5/6 in straight line while also taking it down by a larger margin on a road course.

The motor is not interesting to me, however the aluminum bodywork and other weight saving tech + the improved M chassis will be nice.

If it were me I'd be perfectly happy with them slapping the S65 exactly as it is into the M4, while simply working on weight savings. M needs to go on a serious diet.
Appreciate 0