03-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #10
Krozi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonf20c View Post
interesting. how evident is the leak? will you actually see fluid on your garage floor or will you only see it upon close inspection? do any edc malfunction lights come on as a result?

how do you like your sleeves btw? do you have them set all the way down? how do they compare in ride height say to rd sports?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
A leaking strut means the shock is blown. Lowering the car accelerates wear on the shocks. How low did you have it?
Leak is pretty evident with fluid on the garage floor. No errors, weird noises, or change in how the car drives though. I have them at about 75% lowered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malekreza11 View Post
In the hundreds of E9x M3's we have lowered on springs or sleeve kits, have yet to see a blown damper due to the lowering.

Have seen a couple very high mileage M3's however (75,000+ miles) with dampers on their last leg, but not leaking.

Malek
Good to hear. Maybe its just bad luck lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
Its common knowledge that lowering springs wear OEM dampers quicker than OEM springs..
I mean it's a given that wear is going to be accelerated, I'm just trying to get a feel for how much. E30's for instance made it like 30 feet with lowering springs hahah

Thanks for the input guys.

2008 E92 ///M3 Alpine White//Fox Red//6MT//
Florida Bimmer - Join us on FaceBook!
Appreciate 0