View Single Post
      11-27-2019, 09:33 PM   #2772
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by datf15h View Post
Wish I had looked through this thread before getting into an auction but.. really went with my heart here.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2013-bmw-m3-44/

E92 M3
23k Miles
6MT
Competition Package
Jerez Black Metallic over Black Cloth
No iDrive
Carbon fiber roof
No Accidents, majority of wear appears to be on underside (more pics underside) + curb rash on rims
All stock everything
Sold for $45,666 .. I'm picking it up tomorrow and I'm so excited. But do tell if I'm crazy for this one. Almost want to say the other bidder was trolling once we got past his max, since he kept bidding just above me? Knew I'd take the bait?

big pluses for me.. very low miles, manual transmission, been in California its whole life, no leather (why does that always get to looking so weird?), no iDrive (looks like a pain to use)
You got a phenomenal spec. Not crazy if it's the spec and car you wanted.. Single hump, speed cloth, 6 speed, CF roof, and low miles. It definitely checks the boxes almost everywhere on what people see as the most valuable these days.

One piece of advice just based on my regrets/experience (purely my opinion) but go get it properly/professionally detailed soon after you get it.. polished and coated.. depending on where and how much you intend to drive it, I'd drop the 1.5-2K to get it perfect up front and then you can maintain it at top level from there. just a random thought based on what I would do with a phenomenal spec if I had one.
Appreciate 0