View Single Post
      11-29-2010, 10:42 PM   #12
slikk66
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 535i M-Sport

Thanks for the info.. that is a lot of good stuff to know.

I was thinking about maybe just going the GT route with some addons. The Brembos would be where to start, and Ford has released 3 supercharger kits for the GT, 525/624/7XX horsepower. The 525 has a warranty, the rest don't.

Griggs racing makes tubular front ends to help with the suspension, so for 30K + 8k supercharger + 5k suspension, you can get a pretty damn good ride for 43k. But then you have to deal with all the shop time, and inherent issues arising from the mods.

Yea the fit and finish issue is a big I'm sure.. I just think maybe I can deal with it. I really like the M3 but I feel I need to try something different.. I'm going to test drive a new gt500 here soon.

I saw the 2012 Boss at the LA auto show, I even sat in the car onstage while they did a dyno run.. it's cool.. I don't really like the looks, the graphics/colors are a bit much.. and the guy told me no heated seats/nav etc.. it's all "track" car status.. which is cool I guess.. but thats what I like about the M3 also, you can arrive at the track with the AC on, after the nav tells you how to get there, and drive onto the racetrack.. I was hoping to do the same in the gt500.

So many things to think about!

Video of the next person doing the dyno run:
2008 E92 M3 Coupe (FINALLY) - Space Gray / Blk Leather - 6 MT
2013 F10 535i M-Sport - Space Gray / Blk Leather
Appreciate 0