02-07-2023, 05:57 PM   #28
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Eh, I'd say the Mechainc's assessment was spot on based on my limited experience with a Model 3 and a Model Y. He's right that the build cost is in the engineering and build of the thermal management system of the Tesla. The quality (fitness for use) of the body and interior are subpar for the price class. It's up to the individual owner to make such choices about cost vs. build quality. I found the Model 3 to be uncomfortable and loud inside (2018 model). The Model Y I didn't get a long trip in, but it too was loud. The suspension isolation is not of the price class and the appointments of the interior are below the price class. But again, it's up to the individual owner to make those decisions.

Yet for this thread, we all should be happy a fellow car enthusiast is super excited about buying his Model 3. It doesn't matter what any of us think about Tesla. We all can relate to that experience.
My m3 had its first rattle before 5k miles. Not even a year into ownership. This is a German luxury brand where people jerk off at the fact that no other car maker can touch. It’s above and beyond any other car maker in terms of quality. That’s bmw. That’s what people think of the car.

It’ll be 1 year next month I’ll have my model 3. Only noise I hear is road noise because of the shitty tires that came with the car. I’m not about to pull every single panel or look for seams and see if there’s any defect. That’s not why I got the car.

I got an ev for its ev purposes. Not because I’m looking for a luxury brand with impeccable build quality. If I did that I wouldn’t even be on this forum, I’ll be on the Mercedes forum. As they have better quality than bmw in my opinion. My friend has an old ass fucking e55 Amg and Car is buttery smooth, fast and tight. Yet I’m chasing an odd dash rattle or something in the center console.

You get a Tesla because you value what it is as a car FIRST, everything else is secondary.

The power, range and network for its price point is unmatched. That’s why I got one.