10-16-2008, 10:29 AM   #14
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_parade View Post
Lucid, I forgot to mention i have Brembo 6pot BBK and a set of Yokohama A048 R compound tires installed for my 2nd trackday. But the brakes might be one of the reasons why my car is unbalanced.

I noticed I get more more oversteer when the rear seats are removed. You might want to adjust the front suspension a bit harder if that happens.

If you really want weight saving (which im currently planning to do), I suggest swap the front seats with some light weight bucket seats and change the stock exhaust to some titanium exhausts. In that case you are just taking weight out from the center of the car instead of messing with the balance. Have fun on the track
I am about to go for a titanium exhaust, but most of that weight reduction is associated with the massive stock muffler, so I'd be reducing weight from the back of the car again. If I had a harness setup, I might consider going with the bucket seats, but I can't imagine that would be quick swap; I wouldn't want to drive on the street with them. Anyway, thanks, and you continue to have fun on the track as well.