05-23-2008, 03:25 PM   #8
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
That's what I was thinking.

So, I'm trying here not to give the cops any reason to pull me over. I know of people that have been ticked for no front plates and tint (but I haven't been) and I've never heard of anyone being pulled over for reflectors. I realize if I've been pulled over for something else everything is fair game for the cops, especially if he or she has a bad day. So, I'll probably have to drill holes for the plate, but I'll do the reflectors and the tint. Tint will be legal, but there's no guarantee of not being cited.
I'd hate to drill holes and mess up such a beautiful front. I realise every state is different in their enforcement of front plates, but to me the small fine would outweigh the benefit of having a clean front bumper. Think of it as a small luxury tax. hah!

Also, even though I don't have a front plate installed on my car I do carry around the extra plate in my trunk at all times. So If for some reason I am given grief for it I could just say it fell off or something. (If he was really going to give me a ticket for it.)