View Single Post
      06-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #3
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
My X5 has the auto-close function which is kinda cool until you get one of your fingers in there.

I was outside the car and my 4-year old jumped in the driver's seat and then pulled the door semi-closed on my thumb. Not a big deal until auto-close engaged and crushed my thumb. Blood spurted out between the nail and made a nice crack sound like it broke a ligament/tendens. WTF I thought it wasn't supposed to close if there is resistance.

Can't move my thumb (happened a day ago). Just taped it up but may have to visit the doc.

So just be careful if you have the auto-close function on your BMW.
That's just plain nasty.

I do feel your pain though, literally. I did the same a couple of weeks ago by slamming a rental car door on my thumb. It looked just like yours except the blood was trapped and couldnt get out (which is a bad thing).

The next day my thumb started to swell up and was throbbing (barely able to move it) and I went to the Urgent Care where they put a small hole in my nail to let the blood drain out. Oh, in the process I also fractured the tip of my thumb too but that has to heal on its own.

2 weeks later and the hole is now closed up and I am playing the waiting game for the nail to grow and push out the nastiness beneath it, which it has slowly started to do. The fracture is still a little painful but nothing intolerable.

Hopefully you didn't damage it to where the nail has to fall off to regrow. I guess that's the silver lining for me that I escaped that part.

If it is any consolation, I will be counting the days, weeks and months until I have a normal looking finger again as I am sure you will too.

I feel your pain, unfortunately!

I was going to upload an equally painful photo but figured one was enough. The fun diagnoses:

Name:  20140609_215644.jpg
Views: 4604
Size:  31.3 KB

Last edited by five3three; 06-09-2014 at 09:20 PM..
Appreciate 0