View Single Post
      02-13-2019, 01:06 PM   #1
jacoby521
///M Car Newbie
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3

I am trying to make a decision on which cat-less bolt-on x-pipe w/resonators to buy and I have not been able to find much information that is recent. I've searched the forums and there is some good info from different people but nothing recent with some of the new products available. I've have also talked to a few performance shops to get their opinion because I live in Michigan and I am unable to see or hear many of these setups in person.

I've basically narrowed it down to two, maybe three brands but I am open to suggestions. I want a decently loud setup that is not too high pitched and not too raspy. I also want a good build and weld quality with good fitment. I've heard of some brands to stay away from, so that's why I have not considered them. Here are the brands that I've narrowed it down to:

- RPi GTM - full bolt-on x-pipe, cat-less, two resonators

- Macht Schnell - full bolt-on x-pipe, cat-less, two resonators
(closest to Challenge Race x-pipe, from what EAS says)

- Gintani - full bolt-on x-pipe, cat-less, 2 or 4 resonators options
(double the price of the other two brands, not sure its worth the extra money)

I would initially be pairing this with the stock (no-mod) exhaust but eventually I would be looking to buy a rear section if I wanted it louder or to sound different. These are the two I am currently considering but again, I am open to suggestions;

RPi GTM
Remus Race

I really would like a deep, mean and loud sound. Many people have suggested the Akrapovic but to me it is just too much money for a full system and too quiet. I saw one YouTube video of the RPi with the stock exhaust on the top floor of a parking deck and it sounded like shit, totally cheap ricer fart can sound but there is no information on which version RPi that is. I read that the new GTM version with the resonators really cleaned up the sound and some of the rasp but I do not want to make a decision on that.

Just to put it out there as well, I do not want to cut up my stock exhaust and buy a test pipe. I know its a good option and affordable but I rather replace the whole thing, just seems more complete to me IMO. I'm not against spending a decent amount of money but I also do not want to spend a ridiculous amount either.

Any help or comments from people who have owned these, I would really appreciate it!
Appreciate 0