doc19
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
One small error with 3 turns left cost SV the podium. Sad
I don't think it was an error, his tires were just gone after pushing so hard for 3 laps. By the final lap he was a second off his initial pace on the options. Although had he not dove so hard into turn 11 I wonder if he would have been able to use DRS coming down the long straight into 14, so I guess it could be called an error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Lots of tyre strategy going, but a good race nevertheless, was on the edge of the seat last couple laps with VET closing in on HAM. Gutted for Mark, I think he would have been on track for some decent points had his wheel not fallen off.

Its funny despite all the 'excitement' and unpredictability generated by Pirelli tyres I would still prefer to see drivers driving without being handicapped due to tyre degradation.
I enjoyed the race, but it does feel a bit contrived. It feels like near the end of the races this year everyone is just trying to hold position as opposed to gaining positions in the final laps... Vettel being the obvious exception. Watching the live timing on my laptop during the race you can really tell when the tires fall off, the lap time changes are quite dramatic.