View Single Post
      08-01-2020, 08:02 PM   #62
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 //M3 e90 Interlagos Blue

Garage List
National COVID-19 Lockdown and now everyone is going Leatherique crazy on their ///M cars. Me too...190k miles and it needed it.

Do the rear and front seats at different times. Do the driver seat last in case you have to move your car. Skip the steering wheel, since any leather cleaner can take car of that.
Don't forget the center arm rest and door panel arm rests, which get very shiny.

I think an old front seat on a high mileage car has the protective coated layer worn off, so when you brush it the leather dye comes off. It is more like raw leather. On the rest of the leather seats, if they are barely used, the protective coating causes the rejuvenator oil to bead and not be absorbed. So you have to re-apply a few coats

I used 32 oz of Rejuvenator Oil on my e90 M3 interior, and let it sit for 5+ days. Pristine Clean doesn't do much. Didn't clean dirt in a crease. Warm water was all it took to remove the oil. They recommend to use Pristine Clean for maintenance, but I would use something else.

Remember to mask your plastic trim with hefty bag plastic/tape...easier in the long run during the cleanup.

Leatherique doesn't repair creases and scuffed leather on the side bolsters. Colourlock has full leather dye kits with a full range old BMW colors, as well as, leather maintenance cleaners and protectors (conditioners), plus repair kits. They have the full kits with color options on Amazon and the leather dye kits ship from the UK. You can order direct from Colourlock in the UK. Products might be made in Germany.

Consensus is these are the best leather products for maintenance and for new leather.

- Colourlock
- Swissvax
- Girot's
- AMMONYC
- Zainos
- Sonax

Adding a new Colourlock Thread.

Cheers
Appreciate 0