View Single Post
      02-20-2020, 04:09 PM   #10
SunDevil_M3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
If you're not driving it much you might actually make some money on this deal, ignoring the insurance costs you'll pay to own any car and any extra tax etc. I'd do 1M just to experience something different if you're biturbo-curious, sell it if you don't like it, don't sell it if you do, can't lose really. A nice low miles E90M is still being dragged down by the claws of cruel 5000+unit depreciation as soon as it's driven, where the 1M's seem to be holding steady and the difference between 40k and 60k doesn't seem to be much of any so long as condition is good

We have a 12 year old N54 in the family and it's had some minor issues but, it's in an E93 and doesn't get driven much and still gets where it's going at 30k miles. For a weekend car you don't depend on all the time, who cares, if it throws a code it tells you what's wrong and you get it fixed

SO yeah. If you were willing to sell your E90M, that tells me you weren't willing to mate for life with it, which tells me you should try the 1M on and see how it feels
I sold its for some life changing reasons to spring me forward. Gave up having a nice car for about a year or so. I agree with you though, trying something different might be nice and can always resell it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
You recently sold the best car you've owned and immediately want to buy another one? No offence bro but what happened?
I am getting engaged here within the next 6 months and I am 4 months into building a home. Sold the M3 to help fund the house build. I am waiting another 8 months until I close with the bank to make another purchase due to mortgage companies not liking to see large purchases prior to closing on a home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
1M costs too much of a premium. Just buy a 135i and mod it. Or buy another M3. Just about everyone who has come from an N54 motor car to the M3 with S65 has preferred the M3 and not gone back.

I actually like turbo motors and would be just as happy with a 1M.
1M costs a premium for a reason. I could care less about the speed, more so interested in what makes that 1M special. Low production numbers, one year only, and you will never see a car like it again most likely.