06-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #77
paradocs98
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Altos View Post
The only time i feel like the sedan is a sedan, is when im about to get in, and i just got out of the car. Seriously, test drive both, you will never know the difference from the drivers seat. I had one firend kind of chuckle and say "sedan, huh?" Then I took him for a ride. His response,"So is this like a special edition coupe with extra doors or something?" I said "no", but if you want to go for another ride I can show you what it can really do. He said he had to decline for "safety" reasons.
Love this.

I chose the sedan not only for the practicality with my 2 kids, but also because it seems like the ultimate example of what BMW has stood for, at least from the '60s onward. BMWs are fast, responsive, nimble, yet practical sedans that can put the hurt on "sportier" but more compromised two-doors. BMWs are NOT (or at least should not be) 5000lb, all-wheel-drive "M" trucklets. It's obviously very subjective, and there is no right answer. It all depends on priorities and where you are in life. At this point I can only drive one car. I have two kids. I'm a BMW fan. I'm an M fan. I want to go to HPDE track days. ---> M3 sedan. Easy.
Appreciate 0