cmk227
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Goal: Another ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandye90m3 View Post
Balls, I'm on transmission #3 (DCT) on my 09 E90 with 13,XXX KM
Where are all the DCT guys killing how slow and antique Manual transmission is. How DCT is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08E92M3 View Post
The same thing has had happened to me a couple of times, except that I only have 1st, 3rd & 5th, but no 2nd, 4th & 6th. I took a picture to show the dealer but they still claim they couldn't duplicate the error, no record of such event according to computer, must be a one-time thing each time I brought it to their attention... As if my photos were fake! One time I didn't notice it under it hit the redline. I thought to myself, that was strange because I knew I have pull the right paddle but it didn't upshift... Sure enough, transmission malfunction striked again. I parked the car & restarted it, it clears up each time so far, but it still very annoying! Not to mention possible damage to the drive-train / transmission! Is it possible to do a head count as to how many of us have had the same problem one time or another!
This is why I own manual on these types of cars.

Manual Transmission
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by APDspider View Post
Hi guys,

First time poster, my father is actually the owner of the car. He's had the car 2 weeks, and twice already, when he starts the M3 he can't get reverse. He also noticed that he's only got 2,4,6 gear... 1-3-5 and R is missing. He gets the following message:

"TRANSMISSION MALFUNCTION : Limited gear selections possible. Continued driving is possible. Drive moderately. Have the system checked by the nearest BMW center."

He has to turn off the car and restart it like 9-10 times before the message goes away and he can drive normally. Sucks when you need to back out of a parking spot. Anyway, he took a picture of the message and drove it to BMW. Car has 300 miles. They cannot find anything wrong with it. They claim to have never heard of such problems.

Any input?
I would be pissed.... have your dad return it. That sounds like crap....

14 Lexus GX460 & 14 Lexus ES300H
14 BMW 528d Touring Estate - UK
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT

Last edited by cmk227; 05-05-2011 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0