Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman727 View Post
How much weight does a supercharger add? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
I am not a fan of SC because of this. the s65 is a lightweight engine..to add more rotational mass and heat out weighs the power advatanges.
Quote:
Let me guess...you have a SC
Quote:
This may be..but I am still not a fan of SC. It changes the character of the car and not for the better imo.
Quote:
You SC fanbois crack me up

I did my homework before wasting ten of thousands of dollars and ruining the way the car drives and feels.

Not gonna name drop but there are other members who ran SCs and then removed them because they didn't care for how unbalanced the car felt either.
Quote:
What makes you think I haven't?

I have been going to BMW meets since 2008, I had a chance to drive 2 blown M3s..fast as hell no question..but I didnt care for the the artificial feeling you get with a blown engine..plus a host of other reasons which I won't get into.

FYI..just because you like a SC doesnt make it a fact that they are better, your viewpoint is an opinion just the same as mine
OP started this thread with a question of added weight of a supercharger. OP did not ask if people were "fans" of superchargers.
You seem to have a gift for "derailing" threads and making them all about your "opinions".
Your opinion on blowers is extremely important to us and I think it would be better if you started a thread about how you feel about blowers, rather than sharing your "off topic" opinions in this thread.

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0